What is Wikipedia and why can't I cite it? This guide discusses the strengths and weaknesses of Wikipedia articles and how Academia can improve the accuracy of this source.
Welcome to the What About Wikipedia? guide. This guide is intended to supplement the What About Wikipedia? workshop at the Jernigan Library. In this guide, we will discuss:
- What is Wikipedia: Wikipeida and its intended usage
- Using Wikipedia: Wikipeida users and their activities.
- Improving the Accuracy of Wikipedia: How to improve the accuracy of Wikipeida through Academia and authorship
- Further Information: Additional articles and reports on Wikipedia
If you have questions that cannot be answered here, please do not hesitate to:
- Send an email: Library Reference
- Call: Library Reference (361.593.3319)
- Text a question (no voice on this line), text to (361) 693-5264.
- Chat with a librarian
- visit the: Jernigan Library