About the Government Information Department
This guide is intended to help Texas A&M - Kingsville library users navigate our numerous government document resources. It also provides many reliable lists for online resources, arranged by topic. Information Includes:
- About the Government Information Department - gives a brief introduction to the Jernigan Library's Government Documents collection and provides stating points for searching the Oasis catalog.
- Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP) - discusses the FDLP program and provides access to FDLP Desktop.
- Federal Government Sites - Executive/Legislative/Judicial, Departments & Agencies, Quick Reference for Government Information, Search Engines for Government Documents, and Veteran Resources
- Texas Government Sites - a selective list of important government sites for the state of Texas.
- Resource Links by Subject - Educational & Teaching Aids for Kids, Gazetteers, Geographic/Cartographic Sites, GIS (Geographic Information Systems), Grants, Science & Technology, Statistics, and Military
- Government Information Handouts - a list of handouts created by the Jernigan Library or government agencies to better access information.
- Citing Government Publications - resources on how to cite various government publications.
Searching for Goverment Publications
The Jernigan Library is a participant in the Federal Depository Library Program. Our collection consists of a 38% selective depository, with information occurring in six format types. All formats circulate except for the microfiche and atlases.
Documents can be found in the Oasis Catalog by preforming a: