Jernigan Library Kindle Policies
- Only Texas A&M University-Kingsville students, faculty, and staff in possession of a valid Texas A&M University-Kingsville ID card may check out E-Readers
- E-Readers are available for a two-week loan (with one possible one week renewal, dependent on the needs of the Library and other patrons)
- E-Readers must be returned to the Circulation Desk. Allow time for staff to check that the e-reader and all accessories have been returned and are in good working order.
- Do not return the e-readers via the book drop box, or through the mail
- Borrowers are liable for any loss or damage to readers and all accessories beyond normal wear and tear
- E-readers cannot be immediately checked out after return. Upon return the device will be checked- in, examined, recharged and erased.
- Anything saved or added to the e-reader will be deleted when it is returned.
- Patrons are not allowed to download e-reader titles wirelessly.
Fines & Fees
- E-readers are due back in Jernigan Library by the due date - there is no grace period
- Late fees are $10.00 per day. The maximum overdue fine is $100.00.
- Any E-Reader that is 10 days overdue will be declared lost and the patron’s account charged. The charge will be based on the cost of the E-Reader plus $100
- If the E-reader is returned in good condition after having been declared lost, the cost for the replacement charge may be forgiven. The fine and processing fee will not be forgiven.
- Patrons are responsible for damages done to the E-Reader while it is checked out and will be charged a damage fee up to the cost of replacement
- Patrons will be charged the replacement fee if an E-Reader is reported missing or stolen while checked out to their account
- Replacement Costs - Kindle: $200 | Nook: $300.00