Identification Needed to Borrow Materials
- Users must present a valid/current Texas A&M University-Kingsville ID card to borrow materials.
- The University ID card is the Library card for Students, Faculty, and Staff.
- Dependent children of Students, Faculty, and Staff are not allowed to check materials.
- All other Users must present valid Library Card such as TexShare card along with their University ID card or Adult Community Card along with a photo ID card, i.e. a driver's license.
Library Privileges & Confidentiality Statement
The Library protects the rights of its borrowers to confidentiality under the Texas Open Records Act (Attorney General of Texas Open Records Decision No. 100 regarding "Library circulation records identifying borrowers") and will not release any information regarding borrowers.
The Circulation Desk is located on the first floor.
The telephone number is 361-593-3408.
Jernigan Library Services for Students
OASIS (Library online catalog)
Interlibrary Loan (Request materials from another library)
Jernigan Library Services for Faculty
Guidelines for Submitting Materials for Reserves (Print & Electronic)
Access Services consists of the Circulation, Reserve, and Shelving Units.
- The Circulation Unit administers the circulation of library materials.
- The Reserve Unit prepares and manages all reserve materials.
- The Shelving Unit is responsible for the maintenance of all stack areas, including shelving and reshelving of materials.