Library Instruction Classes
This guide is intended to provide a starting point for requesting Library Instruction. Faculty and students can use this guide to:
- Find Jernigan Library Instruction Policies.
- Find ACRL Standards: these are the standards of the Association of College & Research Libraries which are the guidelines for the library profession.
- Find Information Literacy Standards: the mission statement of the Jernigan Library Instructional Services department in accordance with the ACRL Standards for the library profession.
- Find Instruction request & Evaluation Forms: information for professors and students requesting classes and evaluating instruction. (Please read the "Jernigan Library Instruction Policies" section first to see what is required prior to booking a class.
If you have questions that cannot be answered here, Please don't hesitate to:
- send an email:Victoria Packard or Library Reference
- call: Victoria Packard (361.593.4153) or Library Reference (361.593.3319)
- visit the: Jernigan Library
Jernigan Library is very proud to provide the most current Research Training and Information Literacy that are being used at the state and national level. We do this by attending conferences, ongoing training both online and in person, by presenting at conferences (state & national), and publishing in professional journals on a regular basis. As in any discipline, this is the way in which to provide the best service for our students, faculty, and patrons of the library.